tornado (little rock, ar photographer)

 I am skipping over a few sneak peeks because I cannot wait to share about my session from yesterday. I have had this family on my calendar for a while and we had planned for yesterday hoping to get some fall color in late October. Instead we were met with one of the only days of rain in the last few months. This sweet mom and I both watch the weather all day hoping the rain would pass over or just not show up at all. At 4:45 we met up on the lawn of the Presidential Library and as we got out of our cars we began to see lightning in the distance. We decided to go on, watch the weather and hope for the best. The sky was unbelievably gorgeous and left us with AMAZING light. 20 minutes in we were surprised by the tornado siren.... I couldn't make this up if I tried.... apparently the tornado siren is also on the lawn of the library (LOUD) and so we headed to the Library. We found shelter in the basement with 2 security guards and a few other employees. We were there for 45 minutes and enjoyed a good laugh over our crazy time together. No real tornado...just crazy wind and lots of rain and lightning. It was an adventure to say the least. I am thankful for the 20 minutes (plus 45) I did have with this family and for the beautiful images we managed to get in our short time together.
And just because it was so wild.

1 comment:

The Fashionable Traveler said...

Whitney-love the photos! You are so talented
-Catherine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...