hot springs, ar...instagram travel thursday


Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, AR has a very special place in my heart. As a child we spent our summer weekends here, a tradition started by my mom's family who drove to Hot Springs for summer vacation every year from Waxahatchie, TX. The year Wilson was born my parents bought a house on the lake and we try hard to visit as much as possible. Our summers here are filled with swimming and boat rides, but we love this lake and precious town in the winter too. The downtown is full of gorgeous bathhouses and quaint little restaurants and it is a town that comes alive not only in the summer, but in the racing season. 
My parents are lovers of the race track and this past Spring we had the opportunity to take the boys to the track and they even got to ride one of the horses that they use for training. It was such a treat to see them ride the horse and to meet a few jockeys and pet the racing horses. 




The next day we got to see those horses run and then had a dinner party with my parents friends from the race track. 



While in Hot Springs we have a few favorites that we try to hit Winter or Summer...








What is your favorite weekend getaway?

1 comment:

Alison Chino said...

Oooh! This is one of my favorite weekend getaways too! I wish I were there RIGHT NOW! XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...