corn dip


A couple of weeks ago, in a search for something new to do with leftover corn on the cob, I came upon a few corn dip recipes online. I combined a few in order to play to what I like and what I had available. It was a hit with the framily and since I have made it a few more times and work to perfect it to my taste. When you read the ingredients you will understand why there is nothing to not love about this warm and creamy dip, it is comfort food at its finest. The best part might be that I think you could omit or add as you like and it would taste just as good because truth be told if you start with bacon and end with cheese it is pretty hard to go wrong in the middle. Happy dipping!
Corn dip:
6-8 pieces of bacon (I prefer Petit Jean and a thicker slice)
4-6 cups of corn (best if cut straight from the cob, but I also have made it with frozen)
1 bell pepper chopped fine
1/2 purple onion chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
I also added a couple of fresh banana peppers
2 jalepenos seeded and chopped
1 brick of cream cheese
4 green onions chopped
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese

Cook bacon in cast iron skillet until crisp and remove. Depending on how much grease is left you might need to remove some, but leave enough to generously cover the bottom of the pan. Add onions, peppers, garlic and corn to the pan and sauté for 5-10 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste. Add cream cheese and stir to melt. Top with cheddar, green onion and chopped bacon. Serve with fritos or eat with a spoon. 
Enjoy.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...