#CousinsTakeEurope....a night and day at the beach


Aberdeen beach, Scotland coast
I have been pretty careful to not mention this, because I know it is a statement that makes me sound completely spoiled, but when we planned our trip to Europe I was a little sad to have to let go of our normal summer beach trip. For the past three years we have done a July beach trip with some good friends and I knew that time and money would not allow for us to do both. I do love to travel and as much as I love to check out new places I do have a few places that I always want to go back to. I said it. And I am a little travel spoiled. I heart the beach.
It was a fleeting thought and I knew the beauty of the the places we would see and the joy of seeing our people would far outweigh my missing the beach. Plus I knew that we would visit the sea and get to dip our toes in the water and walk through the sand...my favorite.
On our last night in Scotland Alison and I took a took a bottle of wine and headed to the beach for a little girl time. We watched the sunset at 11pm and talked while listening to the waves crash. It was lovely. And even better we got up the next morning and took the kids and Peter and headed back to the same beach. It was a cool and windy morning, but we enjoyed every minute of that blue sky and digging our toes in the sand. It was a perfect last morning in Scotland. Now time to jump on a plane and head south. London here we come.
Aberdeen beach, Scotland coast

Aberdeen beach, Scotland coast



Aberdeen beach, Scotland coast



Aberdeen beach, Scotland coast

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...